Wednesday, November 7, 2012

A Little About Me

My name is Candice Dedini and I am married to a merchant mariner. If you don't know what that is I can sum it up for you pretty quick here. It's like being married to someone who is constantly on deployment (and yes sometimes in war zones) but without all the benefits of being a military wife or part of a military community. I can't say I was completely naive to what this lifestyle would entail when I got married because I myself worked on ships and graduated from the United States Merchant Marine Academy. I wasn't aware however of what this would be like now that I am a stay at home mom and my husband is still living the mariner lifestyle. Needless to say these last almost two years has been that hardest of my life which is why I'm starting this blog. On October 19th, 2011 my husband and I were blessed with our son Parker Thomas and thankfully Glenn, my husband, was able to be home for the birth. Since then it has been a roller coaster of ups and downs between being a midwest native that is suddenly transplanted into central California, and trying to make new friends, and then parenting my son by myself. I wanted to have a place for other mariner wives to come to get the support that most of us just don't have. This is also going to be an "adventures in parenting" blog since that is mainly what my life consists of these days. I love my husband and our little family but somedays its really hard to see that light at the end of the tunnel.

No comments:

Post a Comment